Sunday, November 11, 2012

I miss my Cracked Nuts

Last night was the final show of The Cold Sassy Players production of "The Cracked Nuts".

Due to various reasons, I haven't performed in a Cold Sassy Players show in about three years. I missed it so much. It felt so god to perform in front of people again.

In this performance, I played a millionaire's Punk daughter with a smart mouth and a bad attitude. I had so much fun with it. The directors and writers gave me told me that my acting has improved so much and my confidence has really come out.

For a while, I didn't really have that much confidence in myself.Whether it was acting or anything else I attempted to do.  Maybe that's why I always held back and didn't speak up loud enough.
But this year I have done a lot of growing up and changing, and I was glad it came out in this performance.

Now that the show is over, all I've been doing all day is resting up and reflecting back on the memories I have made during this whole thing.

My favorite times have been when Caity(Midnight), Kelsey(Willow), Bobby (Harrison) ,and I sat and out in the hallway, waiting for or scene in the hallway. Cracking jokes, doing weird dances to Christmas songs, doing stretches, and just pumping ourselves up.

I'll miss everyone in the cast. I spent 3 nights out of the week with this group of cracked Nuts for over a month and it's just so strange to think about how when I get off work Monday, I'm not going to be rushing back to Commerce to see them.

I'll miss us acting as our characters on and off the stage. Berry (Big Tee) messing with me, and yes, I even admit, I'll somewhat miss him tugging on my spiked choker.

I do hope to have Sana Baby, I'll be home for Christmas, and O Holy Night out of my head sometime this week, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

On the last Saturday in between shows, we had a big cast party. Some game, great food, and everyone received a lovely card from Nikki (Wyatt), Dannette (Lottie), and Susan (Laverne).
I'm not gonna lie, the things hey put in my card, about how I have come out of my shell, how much I have improved, ad how proud they were of me, made me want to cry right there at the table......but then Sean (The pianist) made a joke about tickling his nutcracker, and then I couldn't stop laughing.

That's another thing I'll miss about CSP. The laughs. I haven't laughed so much in a LONG time as I have these past few weeks.

With Rodger(Mayor) and Dana (Shirlene) on Starbucks, Bill (Richard) Laughing, and sharing addressing room with Laci (Josi) and Brittany (Carly), there wasn't hardly anytime I wasn't laughing.

I made so many great new friends, got to see some wonderful old ones, and had a blast. It's a lot of hard work, very time consuming, and VERY tiresome, but I love doing it, and I can't wait for the next production.

I miss you ll so much, and I hope we all keep in touch.
Thank God for Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment