Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Single Apple

Sorry I didn't write a blog yesterday. Something has been up. I cant really say right now what it is. Even If I could, I hardly think some of you would believe me. Trust me, I wouldn't believe it myself if it didn't happen in front of my own eyes. Don't get worried its not a bad thing, but it's......erm...interesting....
Hopefully I can explain later.

Thinking about what t write today, I thought I would write about being single.


I have been single for the past three years. I'm okay with it. I'm not out searching for my one true love and crying every night eating ice cream, but now that I have a career, a car, and feeling more like a real adult, I think it's time I enter the dating world.

There seems to be some trouble in that.

1. I seem to be way too weird for my own good.

A description of me: A christian Goth Libertarian with an obsession with Harry Potter, Batman, and the Victorian era. Yeah, that's an interesting online dating profile if I ever made one.
I don't fit into the typical mold anywhere. I mean, I pretty much realize that I was made to stand out. I was made to always be different were ever I go, but I hope that I would at least fit with one other person in the world. Someone who doesn't find my weirdness so....weird.


2. "Virgin" is not listed as a turn on to most people.

Even among a lot of Christian men, saying you have made a vow to God to remain pure until your wedding night, scares them off.  We live in a society that sex is expected in a serious relationship. Heck, it's expected in non serious relationships. But I'm not changing my mind. It's worked for me so far on weeding out the bad men in my life. I'm 23 year old virgin and that is considered a miracle, and an oddity in our society.

3. I tend to gravitate to the wrong people.

Most of the guys I've liked have either been no good or they cast me in the friend zone.

I actually had to say to myself when I was 20 years old that I had to stop dating guys with criminal records.....Yeah......just try to think about the guys I dated when I was in High school! >.<

Than, when I do find a decent guy, I'm a nice girl, and a nice FRIEND.

I understand that I am not entitled to a human being, but I hate that I am always in the friend zone. There's got to be a decent human being out there that likes me a bit more.


I believe everything happens in God's time and reason. I trust him.......but, I won't deny that I just wish that the person he created for me to say "I love you" too came a little sooner....

No comments:

Post a Comment